This year’s International Bar Association Conference in Boston will again address many subjects with German energy law relevance. For example, the Oil and Gas Law Committee will organise a session on changes in the allocation of liabilities between partners in the hydrocarbons exploration and production on 8 October 2013. I will be covering the European Directive on safety of offshore oil and gas operations.
The Section on Energy, Environment, Natural Resources and Infrastructure Law is planning a series of sessions during this year’s International Bar Association’s Annual Conference in Boston from 6 to 11 October.
After the Macondo accident, new discussions between interested parties are being held about changes to the allocation of liabilities between partners. The session on changes in the allocation of liabilities between partners in the hydrocarbons exploration and production sector will consider these developments. The session will take place on Tuesday, 8 October from 9:30 to 12:30 and will be chaired by Jean-André Diaz from Total SA and Luis Alberto Erize from Abeledo Gottheil. Speakers will include Juan Oreggia from Posadas Posadas & Vecino (Montevideo, Uruguay), James Pardo from McDermott Will & Emery (New York, USA), Michael Polkinghorne from White & Case (Paris, France), William Wood from Norton Rose Fulbright (Houston, USA), and myself.
Other sessions with German energy law relevance include
- Too much gas? The shifting global energy landscape (Wednesday 9 October, 9:30 – 12:30)
- Changes in the pricing mechanisms of gas in the hydrocarbons exploration and production sector (Wednesday 9 October, 14:30 – 17:30)
- Cross-border interconnection: global markets or national champions? (Monday 7 October, 09:30 – 12:30, including my partner Michelle de Rijke from The Hague)
- Deconstructing power purchase agreements: how to build up good indexation, termination and force majeure clauses to avoid litigation or arbitration (Tuesday 8 October, 14:30 – 17:30)
- Resolving disputes in the natural resources industry: expert arbitration needed! (Thursday 10 October,14:30 – 17:30)
- Climate change justice and human rights – concepts for legal and institutional reforms (Wednesday 9 October,09:30 – 12:30)
- Helsinki Seminar: Windpower in Finland and Europe – Current Topics and Trends
- Stockholm Seminar on Developments of the Onshore Wind Market in Sweden and Europe on 2 October 2013
- Erdgas Symposium 2013: Conference on the Role of Natural Gas in the Energy Transition on 21/22 November
- Unconventional Pumped Storage – efzn Conference in Goslar November 2013
- BMWi Conference on North Sea Offshore Grid
- MoU for North Seas Countries Offshore Grid Initiative Signed
- Market Coupling Links German Electricity Market with France, Benelux and Scandinavian States