Before the amendment of Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG 2014) entered into force on 1 August 2014, July saw the highest solar capacity additions so far this year, amounting to 344.685 MWp. In total 37,052 MWp of solar capacity were eligible for support under the EEG at the end of July, the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) informed.
Based on the information published by BNetzA (please note that figures may subsequently be corrected upon new information without leading to a new publication of the monthly figures), the July 2014 capacity additions lead to the following table of German PV capacity eligible for financial support pursuant to the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG).
|End of 2008||6,120|
|End of 2009||9,921.572|
|End of 2010||17,299.250|
|End of 2011||24,784.484|
|End of 2012||32,388.626|
|End of 2013||35,692|
* corrected figures
For the new solar remuneration system as of 1 August 2014 (i.e. feed-in tariffs for new small plants in the sense of Section 37 EEG 2014 and market premium for all other new plants) as well as the monthly reductions. please see here.
The annual growth target for new PV capacity is 2,500 MWp (Section 3 no. 3 EEG 2014).
The cap of 52,000 MW or 52 GW at which solar support will cease to be granted for new plants that was already part of the EEG 2012 (cf. Section 20b para. 9a EEG 2012) has remained unchanged. It can now be found in Section 31 para. 6 sent. 1 EEG 2014.
Source: Federal Network Agency
- 188.579 MWp of New Solar Capacity Added in June 2014 – 36.7 GWp PV Total at Mid-2014
- EEG 2014: The New Monthly Reduction Regime for Solar
- 163/204 MWp PV Capacity Added in April and May 2014
- March 2014 Sees 155.805 MWp of New Solar Capacity, Regular 1% Degression of Tariffs from Mai to July 2014
- 110.414 MWp: New Solar Capacity in February Again Fairly Low
- New Solar Capacity Added in January 2014 Picks Up But Remains Fairly Low
- PV Feed-in Tariffs 2014 – 3.3 GWp in 2013, 1% Degression from February to April 2014Germany on Track for Solar Target Corridor in 2013 – 219 MWp Added in November
- Germany on the Road to Reaching 2.5/3.5 GWp Solar Target Corridor – 226 MWp Installed in October
- Solar Feed-in Tariffs Decrease by 1.4% for November 2013 to January 2014 – 290.894 MWp Installed in September
- 309.240 MWp New German PV Capacity in June, 34.2 GWp Total – 1.8% Monthly Decrease Continues
- BNetzA: 344.225 MWp of New Solar Capacity in May 2013 – 33.9 GWp Total
- April 2013 Sees Solar Additions of 368 MWp, 33,533 MWp Total
- 290.470 MWp New Solar Capacity in March – Solar Feed-in Tariffs Decrease by 1.8% As of May
- 211 MWp: German Solar Growth Again Moderate in February
- 275 MWp New Solar Capacity in January 2013