The IBA Oil and Gas Law Committee is organising a conference on “Opportunities and Challenges for the Oil & Gas Business: from a North Sea and Atlantic Perspective” in Oslo from 22 to 24 June 2016. I will be on the panel discussing the Paris Agreement and its impact for the oil and gas business.
Topics will include:
- Oil and Gas M&A and financing in a low price scenario
- Decommissioning obligations for offshore installations: a comparative study of obligations
- Insights on the future of the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) and the UK Continental Shelf (UKCS)
- Contractual relations and low oil prices: renegotiating terms and conditions
- The Paris Agreement and its impact for the oil and gas business
The event is presented by the International Bar Association’s (IBA) Oil and Gas Law Committee and is supported by the IBA European Regional Forum. I am currently secretary of the IBA Oil and Gas Law Committee.
Please let me know if you are attending or are in Oslo anyway – it would be great to meet there!
Source: International Bar Association
- Platts 7th Annual European Power Summit: Germany – New Market Design Examined
- IBE Conference on Digitisation of the Energy Industry in Bochum
- Hot Topics on Gas Supply Arrangements – IBA Annual Conference Vienna
- EU Environment Council Decides on EU Contribution to UN Climate Change Conference in Paris and Addresses Various Other Energy and Climate Related Issues
- IBA SEERIL Biennial Conference 2014 Berlin: Adapting Transmission Grids to the Structural Changes of the Energy Mix
- International Bar Association Conference Boston 2013: Sessions with German Energy Law Relevance